How long will Recovery Take ?
Since we make exclusive use of the most advanced and least invasive techniques available, treatment is most often administered in our office and the great majority of patients return to work and regular activities either the same day or with a 24-28 hour period.
Are there any ways to Prevent these Problems from Occurring ?
There's no way to prevent varicose veins. But, improving your circulation and muscle tone can reduce the risk of getting varicose veins or getting additional ones. To improve circulation and muscle tone, follow these tips:
- Exercise. Get your legs moving. Walking is a great way to encourage blood circulation in your legs. We can recommend an appropriate activity level for you based on your age, weight and measured circulation.
- Control your weight. Shedding excess pounds takes unnecessary pressure off your veins.
- Watch what you wear. Avoid prolonged uses of high heels. Low-heeled shoes work calf muscles more, which is better for veins. Don't wear tight clothes around your calves or groin. Tight panty-leg girdles or uniform compression hose, for instance, can restrict circulation.
- Elevate your legs. If your work involves prolonged sitting or standing, if possible, take three or four 10- to 15-minute breaks daily to elevate your legs above the level of your heart to improve your circulation.
- Avoid long periods of sitting or standing.Make a point of changing your position frequently to encourage blood flow.